July 18, 2020

Review: Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The second part of The Infernal Devices trilogy I found much less exciting than the first part. In fact, I sometimes found that the story dragged, sometimes I found it annoying. The whole book is mainly about finding out where the Magister is hiding, but even at the end, we have not even a vague idea about it. We also do not find out much about Tessa’s origins; though, at least there are some clues about it. The identity of the traitor was not very surprising, even though I thought that in light of the events of the previous book, it was not entirely plausible. What I liked was the story of Will and how Magnus, the warlock helps him and cares for him. I also highly disliked the whole love triangle. I am afraid, I am no fan of those anyway, but this was even less plausible than any other. (view spoiler) Despite these issues, I still liked the main story, the literary references, and the characters (especially Henry and Charlotte), and was keen on continuing with the story, which is why I am giving it 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Rebecca

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier My rating: 3 of 5 stars It isn’t easy to review this book. I have been a lo...