July 25, 2020

Review: Rebecca

Rebecca Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It isn’t easy to review this book. I have been a long-time fan of the Hitchcock movie “Rebecca” with Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine, and also very much liked the mini-series version with Emilia Fox and Charles Dance. Hence, this book has been on my wishlist for years and was very keen on reading it when I first started.

But, then everything went wrong… ***From this point forward, the review may contain spoilers; so, proceed with care.*** (view spoiler) Being a hopeless romantic as I am, I have no desire to read this story ever again.

For all the above reasons, I could give this book one star, if I only based my rating on the story itself. However, I thought the writing itself was excellent – five stars. So, based on these two ratings the average or my final rating is three stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Rebecca

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier My rating: 3 of 5 stars It isn’t easy to review this book. I have been a lo...