July 16, 2020

Review: Pat of Silver Bush

Pat of Silver Bush Pat of Silver Bush by L.M. Montgomery
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It was quite different from the Anne books. Pat is obsessed with her home and is unhealthily afraid of changes. I can relate to her story because I also had such a lovely home as a child that I used to be very homesick whenever I had to leave it. I also can relate to her not wanting to have a career only wanting to make home for her family, but I don’t understand why she doesn’t want to have her own family. The lovely home my parents established made me yearn for a similarly happy home which is mine and my husband’s, but Pat doesn’t want this at all. She just want everything stay the same and everybody remain in the house forever, which is of course impossible. I didn’t mind Pat being different from Anne, but I didn’t like the ending and the fact that despite the inevitable changes and the fact that even Pat was able to accept them, her basic attitude to life didn’t change. I also agree with someone else’s opinion that the other characters are not as well developed in this novel. We only get to know Pat and Judy, we learn very few things about the other people. For all this reasons, I’m giving it 3,5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Rebecca

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier My rating: 3 of 5 stars It isn’t easy to review this book. I have been a lo...