September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Haven't Finished... But Want To

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a Top Ten list that they answer and invite every blogger to share their own answers. I like the idea, so I'll try to participate every week. But I'm not making any promises! :-D

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is about series we haven't finished yet... but want to finish. Of course, my most favourite series is The Anne of Green Gables Series, but as this list is about series I HAVEN'T finished, I cannot include it here. But I wanted to mention it anyway. :-D Also, I love series and I usually read all parts of them. Hence there are only three series on my list that I have started but haven't finished yet. The other seven series, I haven't even started, but plan to read soon... Is it cheating? Maybe it is, but that's my list...
  1. Little Women Series by Louisa May Alcott
  2. I am somehow not able to read the last two books in this series because I know that a very likeable character from the first book, a father of two and a husband to a lovely little woman is going to die. And I hate even the thought of that...

  3. Corduroy Mansions Series by Alexander McCall Smith
  4. I bought the first book in this series because of the dog on its cover. And I didn't regret. And it made me want to read the next instalments. And I have them on my shelf. But I haven't finished... Yet...

  5. Mary Poppins Series by P.L. Travers
  6. I love England. I love London. I love Mary Poppins. I love the Era. Why I haven't finished this? I really don't know. Maybe I have a deep-rooted fear of sequels not being as good as the first book in the series?

  7. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
  8. I know, I know. Everybody has read this one and has seen the movies. But, as I told you in an earlier post, I am not a book fashionista and I hate being pushed by society... Nevertheless, I will definitely read it, one day...

  9. The Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien
  10. This is a classic I am ashamed of not having read yet. But I will read it. Soon. Truly. I promise.

  11. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
  12. This is another classic that I plan to read. But, as I have just finished Pullman's His Dark Materials, I am not yet in the mood of reading another fantasy novel. Maybe next year.

  13. The Hunger Game Series by Suzanne Collins 
  14. Do you know why I want to read this? No, not because of the movie. And I am NOT a sci-fi fan either. I want to read it because one my favourite nail polish bloggers, i.e. Michelle from All Lacquered Up, is an avid fan of it. And, I want to understand the meaning behind the colours of the China Glaze Capitol Colours.

  15. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
  16. It has been more than 10 years since I first discovered this series in a book shop. And, I found the title very original. But back then, I just couldn't afford to buy the books. And then, I simply forgot about the series until recently...

  17. Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella 
  18. I like the movie and I like romances or chick lit. But I have soooo many books on my reading list. But, Kinsella, I am getting to you...

  19. Millenium Series by Stieg Larsson
  20. I am really afraid of this series. Because I don't like books about unhappy events or books that make me cry endlessly or depress me. And I'm afraid this series isn't very funny. Is my fear well-founded? Tell me please...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Rebecca

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier My rating: 3 of 5 stars It isn’t easy to review this book. I have been a lo...